Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dearest Friend TKC



My dear friend TKC is no more. Just not able to bear the news. One of the finest gentlemen I have ever come across. My association with this TALL and KNOWLEDGEABLE CHANDRU is deep rooted and it spanned over three decades. The Zonal trainers training seminar at Salem (1980) was the first place I met him. We sat together throughout the session, complementing the preparations. We came out with heads high as the first set of trained  trainers in the Zone.

The journey as a trainer has given us a lot to learn in life. I learnt from this humble trainer, TKC, the art of getting friendly with the trainees by using their native language. I learnt the art of preparing notes and use of anecdotes from him.

We conducted programs together for Jaycees, bank men, students and teachers. A memorable event was the "Communication Workshop" we conducted for final year MBA students of Annamalai University in 1985-86. It is noteworthy to mention that we made Prof. S.V. Chittibabu, the Vice-Chancellor sit for one full session when he was originally prepared to inaugurate the session and move out. I still preserve the souvenir we received from Annamalai Business Association.

TKC was a trainer who always knew what to deliver and how to deliver to benefit the trainees. I have travelled to far away places in the early 80's to 'attend' his programs.

A simple and straightforward person he was, and I loved and respected him for his simplicity and his love for his family, friends, and training.

I will miss him a lot now, but not the memories of TKC. The fine memories would help me strengthen myself as a trainer.

Miss you dear TKC.

No comments: